Welcome to our website where you can check out the artists exhibiting at Town Farm Art Show.

To see samples of the artists' work, just click on their names in pink, on the right-hand side of your screen.

Please respect the copyright on all images on this blog!

23.8.11

MICK RANDALL
















I live and work in a small town in the Chiltern Hills. I am up at 6.30am, feed the dog, have breakfast and read emails. I’m out by 7.30 for a dog walk on the hills. I always take my camera; you never know what you’ll see, sometimes hares, or deer, or the red kites which are now very common here.

At 8.45 I start work, making shaker boxes or bangles to order or for a show. One day each week I try out new ideas. While most end up in the wood burner, some succeed. I always like to go to each show with something new. I work through the day listening to BBC Radio 4, the 11.30 comedy slot being my favourite.

I am self taught but the internet has provided a lot of information. The craftsmen from the USA are most generous with their help and I correspond with several.

There’s a group of crafts people who I’ve got to know really well and, when I do a show, it is like a day out with friends. The customers are nice too, some buy, some just talk, and some offer me timber. In October 2013 a storm hit the Chilterns and trees in the church yard of St Mary's, Princes Risborough, suffered serious damage. Kind friends contacted me and as a result I have lime, yew and boxwood drying in my wood store.